Your own CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional will create a Quick-$tart Plan, follow through with getting you financially organized and then be available to you at all times going forward for help and guidance whenever you need it. Plus: no-minimum professional portfolio management.
A full financial plan, which looks carefully at all current circumstances and the state of play of your financial situation, is extremely valuable for those who have developed level of assets which need detailed analysis, have developed family financial dynamics and a degree of complexity in their financial or personal lives. For these people, a full financial plan (as offered in Anglia Advisors's Plan 1, The Full Financial Plan) makes perfect sense.
Not everyone, however, yet faces this degree of complexity at the present time. Many people, particularly younger professionals, may be not be married, recently married or currently in a cohabitation situation, may live in rented accommodation, may not have ex-spouses to be concerned about, and may be either early in, or not yet in, the college planning process for children. These people may currently have limited or no life insurance needs, may feel (although probably wrongly) that estate planning is not something they need to presently concern themselves with and instead are trying to juggle student loan debt management with wealth-building and saving for retirement with spending management. They may have scattered assets, questions about their workplace benefits including their 401k or other retirement plan, concerns that their investments are not optimally allocated or at the stage where they are looking to get started with significant investing or considering a real estate purchase and need guidance.
They are likely generally seeking financial organization above all.
For these people, a full all-out financial plan as offered in Plan 1 may not be required. However, a short hourly-based consultation or two with a financial planner is likely not nearly enough. They need help now to quickly get on track and, importantly, to be guided going forward.
Under this plan, they can quickly engage the services of a fiduciary CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and can fast-track to a monthly retainer, by-passing the need and expense of an initial full plan, and begin to deal with financial planning, financial organization and investment management issues.
What they require is an experienced, empathetic guide to personal financial organization, a tutor in the ways that financial markets work, the setting up, maintaining and enhancing of investment management programs both at work and outside of work and access to an impressive network of outside professionals in all fields who can help as life does eventually begin to happen and more the issues mentioned above begin to impinge on their lives.
Anglia Advisors has recognized the needs of this group, that has been often overlooked by traditional financial planners who are only out there to either sell products or exclusively gather hefty assets to manage.
First, the client receives the Anglia Quick-$tart package. This includes a concise, easy to read, broad snapshot of your current financial situation, outlines the issues identified for attention, makes recommendations and provides strategies that can be quickly made and implemented, provides a wealth of content and information on precisely the areas that you want to address (including a detailed Educational Appendix that explains investing concepts like ETFs, how the bond market works, dollar-cost averaging, rebalancing and more), initiates the quick opening of relevant investment accounts such as IRAs and taxable brokerage accounts, introduces you to the concept and help with implementation of micro-saving and micro-investing strategies and tools, grants immediate access to your own personalized Client Portal (with mobile access), an unlimited electronic vault for all your important documents, useful financial planning tools, provide basic health care planning documents and spending/cash flow worksheets and gives you roadmap of how we will work together to address your financial situation.
The next step is to move to the monthly retainer. Retainer clients have unlimited email/text access to their planner and our network of allied professionals, monthly financial market reports, periodic newsletters, micro-investing assistance, social events as well as check-ins on multiple financial planning topics over the course of the year.
We then begin to organize and implement the recommendations contained in the Quick-$tart Report, analyze in detail existing investments and making recommendations (including 401k or other workplace retirement plans, both current and previous) set up investment account funding for new accounts or rollovers, analyze other workplace benefits, have a serious talk about your estate planning, establish life insurance needs (if any), begin to optimally tackle student loan and other debt, strategize on real estate, establish appropriate college funding if needed and begin to get you in front of quality financial and legal professionals who become your financial and legal "team" in the fields of tax, estate planning, insurance, real estate etc., all quarter-backed by your CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.
Retainer clients also have no-cost access to our other services:
This is intended to be an ongoing, permanent planner/client relationship.
Who can benefit from The Retainer Plan?
- Anyone with a somewhat straightforward pattern of personal and financial circumstances but who is looking to transition into a state of financial preparedness and build wealth and financial security.
- Anyone about to embark on one or more life events or changes in circumstances and needs to prepare for it.
- Anyone who is starting to feel that they now have increased disposable income and assets that they want to put to good use by getting into good financial behaviors and habits.
- Anyone for whom a Full Financial Plan may prove overkill since their asset/income, family status and circumstantial history may not warrant it.
- Anyone with "scattered" assets (old 401ks, multiple unconsolidated accounts etc.) looking to establish control and organization with their finances.
- Anyone looking to establish a cost-effective and tax-efficient long term investment plan grounded in the rational data and financial behavior modification that a fiduciary CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional is trained to provide.
- Anyone looking for a reliable, responsive, qualified, empathetic yet rational and objective financial shoulder to lean on and consult with whenever needed, especially when it comes to facing behavioral finance challenges during difficult market conditions or dramatic changes in personal or professional circumstances.
Tell me more about The Retainer Plan!
- The Anglia Quick-$tart (Q$R) package will give you a quick look at where they stand financially, some immediate initial recommendations and strategies that can be quickly implemented, immediate and free access to your own personalized Client Portal (with mobile access), an unlimited electronic vault for all your important documents, useful financial planning tools, full unlimited access to our Financial Education Center, a vast library full of useful articles and videos that can further expand your personal finance knowledge., quick and easy opening of all relevant accounts, an introduction into the concepts and tools of micro-saving and micro-investing.
- You will be provided with a significant amount of extremely useful and quality personal finance content (both original and third party) and information about exactly the areas of financial planning that will be addressed. The Q$R report will identify the issues that will be worked on together and map out how this will be achieved.
- Permanent access to a fiduciary CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional as well as most advanced investment management platforms publicly available today.
- Retainer clients will have unlimited email/secure text access to their planner and our network of allied professionals, monthly financial market reports, monthly newsletters, micro-investing assistance, social events as well as periodic educational bulletins on multiple financial planning topics over the course of the year and timely investment and tax reminders.
- Following the Anglia Quick-$tart report, a client goes directly to the monthly retainer service where your advisor can begin to act on the Q$R recommendations and advise on:
your investments, including asset allocation and fund selection and creation of an automated and appropriate contribution schedule
debt management of student loans and credit cards, including creating a systematic optimized repayment schedule for any student loans
organization and setting up of various estate planning documents and a full check of beneficiary designations
retirement planning strategy including detailed analysis of 401(k)-type plans and IRAs
socially responsible investment strategies
access to trust services for minors
consolidation of scattered accounts (including old "orphan" 401k or other retirement plans from previous employers)
creation of a financial hub where all aspects of your financial life can be managed in one place
immigration information for foreign nationals
overseas account compliance information
- Continued ongoing access to all these services via subscription, and to a personally-dedicated CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ fiduciary professional when you need it as well as customized advanced technology tools to help monitor and implement the recommendations and keep your plan on track.
- Professional investment management in line with our Core Investment Policy Statement with no minimums, at a discounted fee schedule.
- Anglia Advisors recommended managed portfolios are optimized for maximum tax efficiency using advanced algorithmic technology and the concept of asset location. This can have the effect of increasing real rates of return over long periods of time by ensuring that investments that generate higher taxes are placed in tax-advantaged accounts and that taxable accounts hold more of lower tax-generating investments. The highest quality service is available when it comes to portfolio rebalancing and tax loss harvesting.
- Both you and your advisor will be able to see all of your investment accounts and their asset allocations, portfolios, activity history, future scheduled deposits, returns (both actual and projected), tax documentation whenever generated.
- Your Anglia Advisors CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional will regularly monitor your investments, make suggestions, and take any action required after consultation with you. At all times, you retain control of your assets; Anglia Advisors has purely discretionary allocation ability with the account and never has access to your funds.
- Your assets are never at risk to the continued viability of Anglia Advisors or our platform providers since neither we nor they never take custody of the assets at any time.
- As a Registered Investment Advisor, the same fiduciary responsibility, state regulatory oversight over Anglia Advisors and the same disclosures, mandatory contractual and signed client engagement documentation obligations apply to ALL engagements with our firm, regardless of duration.
- For more details on the unique and compelling features of Anglia Advisors's portfolio management platform, see here.
- Ongoing education so you completely understand the methodology behind our recommendations and the investments themselves.
Compare our fees (shown by the red dots below) with the national averages of asset under management (AUM) fees for 2017. Remember also that the average fees below are just advisor management fees and are BEFORE annual expense ratios charged by the investments themselves that the advisor selects or transaction fees which can push client costs much, much higher.
Cost-efficiency is central to our allocation decisions since, unlike most financial advisory firms, we do not take commissions from anyone and therefore are not incentivized to put clients into expensive actively managed funds that pay kick-backs to commission-based advisors.
For a small number of clients, the Betterment For Advisors investment platform may not be available or suitable due to regulation, the provider's internal policies, personal circumstances or type of account required. Anglia Advisors may be able to offer an alternative platform, please discuss with us.
As a Registered Investment Advisor, Anglia Advisors is NOT permitted to offer direct tax advice, legal advice or medical advice, either domestic or international, and no firm communications of any kind (written, media, electronic or verbal) should be construed as such.