COLLEGE FUNDING ANALYSIS & RECOMMENDATIONS
HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO SAVE FOR COLLEGE FOR MY KIDS? HOW AND WHERE DO I NEED TO INVEST?
The costs of sending your kids to college or pursuing a Masters degree can cripple your financial stability without proper planning. The process, the options, and the sheer numbers involved may feel overwhelming. An Anglia Advisors CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional is armed with the most advanced technology that includes constantly updated data from every college and university in the United States (including costs of undergraduate and graduate tuition for both in-state and out-of-state students, room/board, textbooks, transportation, and other costs) and projected levels of both academic and general inflation. Your advisor will sit down with you, tell you what that "Big Number" is likely to be, and work out a savings program that will inform you of how much you need to save, how frequently, and in what vehicles, in addition to making a recommended asset allocation and any tax reduction strategies that may be available.
Each report will be fully customized to the individual student(s) and will include an overview of how the educational funding system works; the report will also include how Expected Family Contributions are determined, loan and scholarship availability, and some of the costs that you may not have considered.
Who can benefit from the College Funding Analysis & Recommendations?
- Parents who have one or more children already or those who are planning or expecting children and want to know how much it will cost to put them through college, accounting for all costs, not just tuition.
- Parents who want to know how much they need to put down now and/or should save on a regular basis between now and their kids' freshmen years.
- Parents who want advice on the most cost-effective and tax-efficient means of saving for college.
- Parents who want to know how best to asset-allocate their college savings investments.
- Parents who want to understand more about the college savings landscape (loans, grants, scholarships, Expected Family Contributions).
- New Parent groups or MeetUps interested in having Simon present and explain the features of the service.
- Anyone considering a Masters degree for themselves or their children.
Tell me more about the College Funding Analysis & Recommendations!
- We run a customized analysis for each child in the family using powerful, cutting-edge technology that accounts for the child's age, likely attendance dates, and current costs of college, and then applies rates of academic and general inflation as well as projected rates of return on investments.
- We can even customize each analysis to price tuition and other costs for a specific college or university in the US, for a set amount, or for particular types of schools (average Public Four-Year In-State On-Campus, Private Four-Year On-Campus, Private Masters, and more).
- We will generate recommendations that show how to get to the "Big Number", using a combination of a lump-sum deposit and/or regular deposits to a college savings account.
- These recommendations will take into consideration the asset allocation and projected rates of return on investments within the college savings account as well as the preferred savings vehicle and any available tax-advantaged strategies.
- In addition, each report will outline the landscape for college funding, how Expected Family Contributions are calculated, and what kind of Federal and private loans, grants, and scholarships are available as well as help with the application process (including the dreaded FAFSA/CSS).
- The cost for this customized analysis is a flat fee, no matter how many children's situations from the same family are analyzed.
- Anglia Advisors's fiduciary responsibility extends to all engagements with College Funding clients as well as to full plan clients.
- As a Registered Investment Advisor, the same state regulatory oversight over Anglia Advisors and the same disclosures, mandatory contractual and client engagement documentation obligations apply with College Funding clients as with full plan clients.
As a Registered Investment Advisor, Anglia Advisors is NOT permitted to offer direct tax advice, legal advice or medical advice, either domestic or international, and no firm communications of any kind (written, media, electronic or verbal) should be construed as such.