WHETHER YOUR EXISTING ADVISOR HAS PUT A PORTFOLIO TOGETHER FOR YOU OR YOU HAVE CREATED ONE YOURSELF, YOUR ANGLIA ADVISORS CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ FIDUCIARY PROFESSIONAL CAN TAKE A LOOK AT IT, ANALYZE IT IN DETAIL AND GIVE YOU AN INSIGHTFUL, UN-BIASED AND OBJECTIVE REPORT.
The value of an independent "second opinion" is crucial in many walks of life. One of the most important is when it comes to your financial future. Whether it is well-identified behavioral finance biases that may affect you in the construction of your "do-it-yourself" portfolio or outright conflicted, inappropriate recommendations from existing financial advisors, particularly commission-compensated ones at brokerage firms or banks, who are not subject to the fiduciary standard and have been recommending or implementing investments, allocations or strategies that are actually only serving their own interests via commissions or payments they receive, instead of yours by ensuring the best available recommendations for you.
Anglia Advisors's Portfolio Check allows you to have your entire portfolio (of multiple accounts if necessary) analyzed by a qualified, independent CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional under a fiduciary obligation. What that means is that the report you will get following the analysis will give an objective, unbiased view of state of the portfolio.
If it's in good shape, we'll tell you as much and advise you to just keep doing what you are doing. If there are red flags, alarm bells, too much risk, too little risk, inappropriate investments, poor asset allocation, excessive or hidden fees, insufficient liquidity, inefficient asset location, an absence of strategies like dollar cost averaging, persistent tax loss harvesting or efficient percentage-based rebalancing, evidence of severe conflicts of interest etc., we will let you know.
Who can benefit from Portfolio Check?
- Anyone who feels that their financial advisor may not be working in their best interests at all times and may have put them into the wrong investments for their situation. This is particularly likely to be true in the case of anyone who uses a commission-compensated advisor at a large or small brokerage firm, a bank, a credit union etc. who is only covered by the suitability standard, not the fiduciary standard.
- Anyone who has a financial advisor who has put them into investments in the past that they may not have had fully explained to them.
- Anyone looking for an independent assessment of a portfolio that they put together themselves.
- Anyone who feels that their current asset allocation and portfolio may be outdated and is no longer suitable for someone in their current situation.
- Anyone becoming concerned about the impact fees and taxes may be having on their returns.
- Anyone concerned about a lack of diversification in their portfolio.
- Anyone concerned that they may not be on track to meet their financial goals.
Tell me more about Portfolio Check!
- A qualified CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional will closely look at and analyze your current investment plan with a view to checking if they are appropriate, tax-efficient, cost-efficient, suitable for your goals and objectives.
- The investments can be in a 401k, 403b, 457, TSP, regular taxable investment account, trust account, Traditional IRA, Rollover IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, SIMPLE or an annuity; pretty much any account where investment decisions have been made. Multiple accounts can be analyzed under a single engagement.
- You will receive a detailed report on the current state of your investments along with an opinion scoring the allocation and securities selected in terms of the quality of the portfolio and the performance of the advisor, if one is involved. If desired, this can be further discussed in an approximately 15 minute phone call following delivery of the analysis and recommendations at no extra charge.
- Most Portfolio Check assignments take an Anglia Advisors CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ about 2-4 hours to complete and are charged for on an hourly basis at a special rate, but it can be longer in the case of some multiple portfolios, a high number of investments to analyze or a more complex set of investments.
- All analysis will be conducted in the context of Anglia Advisors's Core Investment Policy.
- IMPORTANT: Anglia Advisors Portfolio Check is an analysis of, and commentary on, your current portfolio as a qualified, independent, fiduciary "second set of eyes". It does NOT include any specific alternative investment recommendations. Check out one of our many other services if that is required.
As a Registered Investment Advisor, Anglia Advisors is NOT permitted to offer direct tax advice, legal advice or medical advice, either domestic or international, and no firm communications of any kind (written, media, electronic or verbal) should be construed as such.